As predicted UberCloudProject wins historic award 2013 HPCwire Readers’ Choice

On September 17, I wrote in my blog post My vote for HPCwire Readers Choice Awards 2013
I voted for The UberCloud Project and the UberCloud Compendium of Case Studies
HPCwire is the best HPC publication on the planet, and has most diverse readership and interests, difficult to reduce to a common denominator.
As I looked at the list of nominees, I ask myself:  is this or that nominated solution / product easy to sell to other people who need a similar remedy?
To answer, I looked at the eight bullets from my previous blog entry How to sell performance computing in 2013
  • Who needs our solution or product?
  • Where these people live? (Demographics)
  • What do they normally do? (Behavior) 
  • What are their goals in life? (that we can help them achieve somehow)
The UberCloud  (UC) project answers best these questions. 
Indeed, November 27,  The UberCloud Receives Top Honors in 2013 HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards

Tom Tabor presenting the award to UberCloud HPC Co-Founder Wolfgang Gentzsch
and Intel’s GM for HPC Stephen Wheat
Congratulations to Wolfgang Gentzsch and Burak Yenier, who tenaciously promoted the cloud idea in high performance computing. To meet them, read The Übercloud Experiment. An Interview

Comments

Popular Posts