Global Edge Computing Market 2019-2023
TechnavioThe global edge computing market size will grow by USD 5.74 billion during 2019-2023
Where are those billions? How can I grab them? No supplier covers all market segments
· Market segmentation by end-user
· Comparison by end-user
· Industrial manufacturing - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Telecom - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Mobility - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Government - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Retail - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Finance - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Other end-users - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Market opportunity by end-user
No supplier for now covers every market segmentation in all geographies
· Geographic segmentation
· Geographic comparison
· Americas - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· EMEA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· APAC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
· Key leading countries
· Market opportunity
The Technavio info-graph looks like that
It is beautiful to look at and rather useless in practice.
Because the market research quantification is imprecise. They told us in Berkeley Haas to create tangible number by listing 20 to 30 customers and estimate the revenue potential. We focus on the market segments with low fruits hanging.
In such an agglomerated market, I learned the secret
- Breakthrough (high risk, high reward),
Financial numerical decision makers do not work in Breakthroughs, Companies should change the culture and invest more in breakthroughs than in the past. Their reliance on say, 70% Derivative, 25% Platforms and 5% Breakthroughs will not lead to real competitiveness, real differentiation, particularly when engineers are available not only in US, but in Lithuania, Czech Republic, and the entire Asia.- Platform (commonality e.g customer experience, or processor type)- Derivative (changes to existing products) (lowest risk)Most people do only Derivative (product update)The paragraphs above summarize the new mantra in Product Management. The free thinking of Berkeley says we have to liberate ourselves from the chains of numerical ROI and forecasts.
We asked how the hell to get approval without financial goals approved in large companies. My feeling was, this: guys you do your beans accounting and get ideas, but do NOT become the slaves of those things.Make abstraction of their existence, think, and then later, when you know better do again for orientations some analysis.
Other market studies
Gran View Research estimates 3.24 billion USD in 2025 which is nearly half the Technavio estimate.But in global market studies, what does it matter? 2.50 billion USD plus or minus? It sounds like joke, but it is not. Because we did not identify yet what pains we alleviate in edge computing, and what the customers want, we do not know the demand
The largest segments are Manufacturing, Energy and Utilities. IT and Telecom account only for 25% of the total.
The moral of the story is...
- That whereas the market studies are useful, are not real life businesses
- We have to estimate our own reachable market (this is not a forecast)
- Silicon Valley was built by breakthrough high risks concepts
- We have to liberate ourselves from the chains of numerical ROI and forecasts