Taking the 'No"

Advise from Om Malik. He is the founder of GigaOm and one of the best (if not the best) tech writer  I  ever read. On March 9, 2015, Malik announced on his blog that GigaOm, the company he left in January 2014, ceased operations and "and its assets are now controlled by the company’s lenders".
I think every time somebody said no to me, I tried to figure out why did they say no. No is fine, rejections are fine, but you use the no to calibrate why. That means having to take no graciously. I think it’s pretty painful to say no to somebody, as much as it is to take a no.
The advice i have for anyone, whoever they are. If you believe in something, you’ve got to go for it. Don’t worry about the consequences. Don’t worry about the financial outcome, or how famous you’re gonna get, or how poor you will be. If you believe and you can’t seem to do anything other than think about something, you’ve just got to keep doing it. I think the universe has to follow. What’s the point of living if you don’t chase what’s important to you? That’s how I see it.
JK Rowling samples of rejection letters for Harry Potter

The quote is from The Techies project.

Comments

Popular Posts